Friday, January 12, 2007

How do you block without water??

Please excuse the cellphone pics (again). I brought the camera home........ but I failed to put the charged battery in it. [sigh]

I got home from work to find the nice water department guys in a giant hole across the street from my house attempting to fix a small water main leak. Because of this, I have to water at my house.

Since there is no water, I decided I would go ahead and finish my first sampler afghan square (that I've been quietly knitting) while I was waiting for Erik to get off of work. Don't ask me why, it just made sense.

I did finish Square #1 right after Erik got in the house and decided that I wanted to block it. After I got everything set up in the front bedroom to give my lovely square a place block quietly, I realized that I still had no running water, except for the rain outside.

After I took the above picture, I realized that I had some water in my kettle!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! So I turned on the stove and proceeded to heat up the last of the water in my house!! Blocking went fine, as witnessed by the picture below.
I had wanted to make a log cabin afghan during Project Spectrum, but I decided to make an oddball/sampler afghan instead. The only stipulation is that the squares have to correspond to the color triads of the month that they are being made. This square is kind of an anticipation square. I used the KnitPicks Wool of the Andes that I dyed with Kool-Aid (POST #1 and POST #2). Nothing seemed worthy of this yarn, until now. I think the sampler afghan will be perfect for it!!

You can get the chart for this square and a ton more at Knitting-And.Com.

No comments: