Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ahhhh…. Now That’s Better!!

XBOX 360 MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANC

After the disappointment of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, I played Fable 2for a couple of hours until I had to leave the house.

Yesterday, instead of picking that back up and losing the rest of the evening, I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance again. Mostly because Xbox.com’s Deal of The Week is the Playable Hero/Villain Combo Pack. I had forgotten how much I love this game!!

My team? Storm, Ms Marvel, Elektra, and Spider Woman!  I really appreciate a game that has the opportunity for strong female leads (or at least the choice) but doesn’t dumb it down for girls.  On the other hand, my husband prefers Wolverine & Deadpool. The cross-section of available characters is amazing, although I wish that the Playable Hero/Villain Combo Pack included at least one female.

The dialog is a little canned, but I am not bored with it. The gameplay is nice and feels open. The controls are easy to figure out, although character customization took a little getting used to. The story keeps moving along and I love that you change location and the scenery doesn’t get old, before it changes.

To sum it up, this is one of the few games that I will actually finish AND PLAY AGAIN!!  That is, until Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is released at the end of September 2009.

MUAteam

No comments: