Sunday, May 17, 2009

Disappointment… [anime & game spoilers inside]

I finally picked Naruto: Rise of a Ninja back up after a little while. I wanted to be able to sit down and dedicate more than 30 minutes for the Forest of Death portion of the Chunin Exam. Last night was the perfect opportunity!

After the Forest of Death, my poor Naruto was exhausted and down to one memo-clip. Instead of giving prep-time between the Forest and the individual battles, like in the anime, it jumps right into Naruto’s battle with Kiba. (sigh!) I am healed, but there is no time to go back and increase my Jutsu or any other attacks.

Kiba is just crazy-hard. I can’t even get his HP down to half before I am dead and have to start over. I am stuck here, since my saved game is here. No backing up. I am stuck.

Did I mention that I am HORRIBLE at fighting games? Ok, not horrible, but I do button-mash. That is how I have gotten as far as I have in this game. I love the Naruto story, but I’m reading the manga AND watching the series. If I have to struggle this much to get through the game, then it isn’t worth it. I hope Naruto: The Broken Bond isn’t like this.

I think I’m going to go play Fable 2 now.

naruto03628uu

No comments: