Friday, February 13, 2009

My First COMPLETE Quilt Block - made for SwapBot Swap

Anything Goes Quilt Square Swap #11

A few weeks ago, I checked out Very Easy Crazy Patchwork from the library and was TOTALLY inspired! I love the randomness of crazy quilts! That is why I signed up for this swap!

Of course, like with my yarn, I waited for the fabric to speak to me... which almost took too long! Last night I brought out my sewing machine and just began sewing my pieces together. What I created was my own sort-of crazy quilt block. I was told tonight, by my mother-in-law, that I had made an abstract log cabin square.

I'm so proud of it! It's a shame that I didn't get to keep it, since it is my first complete square. I hope my swap-buddy likes it as much as I do!

1 comment:

brandilion said...

Great job on your first square Heather! It looks great!