Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bialosky's Christmas - a pricessless childhood memory

And now it is going to be a WIP!

When I was little, little, little my Mimi would read this book to me around Christmas-time. Somehow, our original copy disappeared but one of her friends found it for her this year and she gave it to me as one of my Christmas gifts.

After reading through it, I decided that the pictures would make wonderful embroidered quilt panels! I plan on using them as my first color-tinting experiment! I have my Joann coupons ready and I plan on picking up some a light box, white fabric and cutting tools. I guess I should keep an eye out for cheap Christmas fabric to accent everything, also!

I can't decide whether to do the outlines in color or in black. What do you think? I really like how the colored embroidery thread pops with the crayon tinting, but I also like the black outlines in the storybook pages.

HAPPY (better late, than never) HOLIDAYS!

No comments: