Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving, Christmas and a FO!


Happy (late) Thanksgiving!! We had both families over and everything turned out great and 95% perfect! It was even better knowing that we didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time, except for HOME!! I even think I might do it again next year!!Justify Full

Yesterday, I actually put up the Christmas tree!! Erik even helped decorate it!! I was so excited that I got to hang our ornament for this year, a bride and groom! It was a bridal shower gift from two of the little girls that my aunt takes care of.

After Thankgiving dinner 2.0 (reheated turkey, dressing, potatoes, broccoli casserole, etc), I finally got to work on a crafty Christmas gift. I had thought about this months ago and even bought the black shirt. I've just been lazy with the embroidery part. My friend has this tattoo and he is very proud of it. He loves pin-up girls! So I decided to take his tattoo and embroidery it on the back of a shirt.

I had help from his wife, Robyn, who took the pictures of his tattoo for me. I then took a clear sheet protector and outlined the tattoo in Sharpie on the plastic. Next, I photocopied the only sheet protector to create a black and white outlined pattern. After that, I just transferred it with a yellow sheet of DMC Embroidery Tracing Paper. I had to go over the outline with white washable pencil to make it brighter, then I embroidered it! The markings really started to fade toward the end, but I got it finished. I think it took me a whole 5 hours from start to finish and I am very impressed with the results!! I would definitely make more of these shirts for him with his other tattoos, or even just add to this one!

Gotta run! Tonight is Beerman The Crawl II... I must prepare for my drunken asshattery... No, we aren't driving... We got a hotel room!!!

No comments: