Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day (photo heavy)

DSC_0571

Happy (late) Mother’s Day to all of the mommies out there, especially the new mommies!

DSC_0579

Yesterday, we went to the Mother’s Day Brunch at the Gaylord Texan. Nowhere near cheap, but totally worth it! It’s really nice to dress up and be catered to.


DSC_0580The food always looks so amazing!! This year, as opposed to past years, seemed to be seriously downsized. I would say that there was half the food and none of the normal ice sculptures. There also seemed to be less staff on the floor.

Still super yummy and I completely over-ate!



DSC_0589

There was a little bit of sewing and embroidery this weekend! After fighting with my White sewing machine for most of Friday night, I cleared off my Singer sewing machine and plopped down in front of it on Saturday morning. My goal was to finish my Spring Ruffle Top #2 before I had to leave for the day. So close! I was done (minus one pocket) and in the dryer… but not dry. Oh well!

DSC_0592


After Mother’s Day brunch, we had a couple of hours to relax at home. So, I picked up the second pocket and started to embroider it. I finished this pocket and sewed it on, so I could wear my pretty now top to work today!


Happy Cherries & Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: