Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

We went to visit Erik's grandfather in the hospital last night and I worked on my Honeymoon Shawl in the waiting room. There were several family members there, so I didn't get to go in. Erik's brother brought my soon-to-be nephew up there.

This little boy is a likes to watch me knit. When I am knitting, he always asking what it is and hot I am making it. He doesn't known what a shawl is, so I told him it was like a big scarf. Then he asked if I would make him a scarf! A blue scarf!! And a red hat! So cute!! I continued to knit on my shawl and he asked if his hat and scarf could have some green, too.

That is when I pulled out my little notebook from my purse and wrote everything down:

Matthew
blue scarf
red hat
green in both

No comments: