Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Knitting, Wii and More Postcrossing!

Knitting? Why, yes! I have been knitting.... a little. Since my TiVO had about 20 hours of Knitty Gritty stored on it, I figured I should start transferring it to DVD, for my own reference, of course. The only reason that I do this is because they don't plan to release DVDs of the series and I am a visual learner. I don't really care about the specific projects. The techniques and actually seeing them worked is the reason for me transferring these episodes (in real-time) to DVD. That adds up to 40, 30 minute episodes on my TiVo. I really wish that they would nut-up and release these on DVD.

While I am sitting in front of the computer, I have been working on my Dreambaby DK Sock #2. Monday night, I worked the second half of the foot, the gusset, and the heel! Now I only lack the leg... The 2x2 rib, boring leg. Not that boring really, but I would rather do stockinette in the round.

Oh! Has anyone seen the new KnitScene? There is actually a pattern that I really want to knit up!!! The Road to Golden Pullover! I really like the colorwork and there is NO STEEKING!! In the past issues, I haven't really found anything that I would like. The patterns seemed a little quirky. A little too quirkry, even for me! But... This issue... I have actually marked three patterns that I really wouldn't mind making!

And don't get me started on Ravelry. I so, so, so want my invite!! A bunch of my bloggy-buddies (ahem... Amy...) have gotten theirs and I am just waiting. I totally understand the reasoning for the beta. I'm glad they are doing a beta. I just hate waiting. But I would rather wait than have the whole thing crash and burn and blow up like code sometimes likes to do. This is coming from a FORMER CSE (Computer Science and Engineering) major. Exploding code, not my thing anymore. I would rather knit.

Ummm... Anything else?

Oh! I will have a review of Pokemon: Battle Revolution up soon. I bought it yesterday for $10.81. I had $40 in Best Buy RewardZone bucks/coupons (whatever) and I was saving them for this game. If you buy alot a Best Buy, the reward program is totally worth it. I got $120-ish back when I bought my big-screen and $40 back when I bought my laptop.

AND.. Erik says that Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is BAD-ASS! He rented it for the GameCube a while back and liked it. Now with the Wii-mote and an actual run-function, he loves it!!! Of course, he has to ask me to help him with the puzzles/brainteasers.

There will also be reviews of Mario Party 8 and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree.

As for Postcrossing, I received another OFFICIAL postcard yesterday. This one made me laugh. It is almost identical to the one that my ex-step-mom, Steph, sent when she was in Germany several years ago. It is the same castle, same angle, but one looks like a painting and the other like a photo! hahaha! What are the odds? I guess something is telling me to visit Germany!

3 comments:

Amy said...

when did you put in your request? I think I got mine in like April. But, it won't be long - they will be doing it full time here in a week or so. I so wish I had TIVO! I really REALLY wanted to see Scout from Scout's Swag and I will once again miss the Yarn Harlot on Knitty Gritty - so you have a one up on me. ;-)

Christina said...

I picked up Pokemon Battle Revolution too.

I'll have to see if I can find my friend code for it to give you :)

Aisling said...

omg. my son would totally want to come to your house to play wii if he knew you had pokemon battle revolution :P he wants that game sooo bad and we don't even have a wii (granddad does tho. haha).