Friday, May 18, 2007

SP10 - Robyn's Contest #6 - My UFOs

I really don't have that many UFOs. I guess I can list the few that I have... Let's start with the oldest...

#1 - Baby Brother Blanket - started May/June 2006
After the Mavs lost the NBA finals last year I just haven't picked this one back up. Now my little brother is a year old and in need of his own "security" blanket. This one is not-knit it Caron Simply Soft in lots of different shades of green.

#2 - The Cursed Sweater - Started January 2007
I named this for a reason. It was for Erik. I worked on it for a while, but the "boyfriend sweater curse" just kept eating at me. Maybe when I get a ring I will finish it. winks! This one is not-knit in Bernat Softee Chunky.

#3 - Erik's Afghan - started February 2007
I started this to replace the sweater that I had stopped making Erik. Main reason it hasn't been worked on in a while is that we've been super busy. I would love to work on it, but it takes 30 minutes to get through one row and it is way too big to lug around! Pictured in the basket, this one is not-knit on Plymoth Encore maroon, green and brown.

#4 - Dreambaby DK Socks - started February 2007
I just finished sock #1 to this set and I love it. I think it would make a wonderful summer sock since it isn't wool. Now it just needs a mate!! The name says it all... These are half-knit in Dreambaby DK.

#5 - My First Argyle Flip-Flop Socks - started March 2007
The was begun as a Project Spectrum project. I've worked the first diamond and that is it. I think the bobbins got on my nerves and I just put this project in the bottom of the knitting bag. I really need to drag it out again. Maybe on for the drive to Galveston this weekend. Not-knit in Jawoll sock yarn.

#6 - Afghan Square #09 - Started last week
I really don't count this one as a UFO. I am in the process of making a lot of squares, but it is a gradual process. It is perfect for when I am bored with a particular project. I can just pick a square, knit it, and go back to what I was knitting before... At least that is the idea. he he he Not-knit in KnitPicks Wool of the Andes.




Random pic of the moment... Erik is busy playing this and hogging the big screen. I have to admit, I rather enjoy sitting here and NOT HEARING TRASH-TALK. Unlike Halo 2......