Sunday, May 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10

So they needed one more US participant and I am that person. Or... I'm sure they got the right number of volunteers to even things out and I was one of them. Yes, it is last minute, but that's ok.

As for the questionaire...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love sock yarn. My stash is evidence of that. I have also gotten away from acrylic, but some of the blends are ok. I'm openminded, although I am not a big fan of novelty yarns (fur, ribbon, etc).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use a big worm bag for my circs and I have an awesome case for my DPNs.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself about 5 and a half years ago, but put it down after a while. I picked it back up in April when I bought my *first* Bond USM. I mainly hand knit now, with the occasional *gift* sweater or quick scarf on the USM.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
YES, of course!! Amazon (or click the link in the sidebar)

5. What's your favorite scent?
Gardenia or citris scents. Lavender and roses are very lovely also! NO CINNAMON!! It will make me yak! LoL

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I LOVE RAISINETS!! Chocolate keeps me sane!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Depends on what I am in need of! LoL I have my fair share of fabric, glitter, glue, buttons, pipecleaners, beads, etc. Ok, ok... I have my own craft room, enough said. Sadly, I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I really like Texas country (Pat Green, Chris Cagle). There is a little techno mixed in there, as well as Top 40 (those Now CDs). I have iTunes and a gift certificate would definitely be used!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am currently in a bright color palette right now. I do love my pinks! Call me girlie! I do love green-blue too!! No color is a bad color. I'm blond, so I really can't wear yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have the greatest boyfriend in the world. My knitting habits are in direct relation with his Xbox habits. We tend to live with eachother, but we each have our own houses. I have a Rat Terrier named Cooter and a sugar glider named Oliver.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats occasionally. Living in Texas, I really don't wear mittens or ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Too many to mention. I like everything. Hats have gotten a little boring.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Some socks, some almost-socks, oddball afghan squares and Erik's afghan. I stopped working on Erik's sweater because of the boyfriend-sweater-curse.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, but I prefer the big items to be from someone that is family.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Call me a needle snob!! I love my Addi's!! I also have a Needlemaster that I will never part with. I also prefer metal DPNs. Plastic just doesn't feel right in my hands.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes. I also have a yarn meter!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
The Baby Brother Blanket. I started it a year ago for my little brother, right after he was born. I really need to start working on that!! LoL

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween, because I love to make my own costume. Christmas, because I get to make thoughtful gifts for everyone!!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Pullip Dolls, Sailor Moon, Wonder Woman, Utena, Fushigi Yugi and YARN!! I really like girly anime (not the naughty stuff). If you could just point me to some fansubs, that would be great! Harry Potter, too!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Check out my Amazon wish list for my wants. There is A LOT to choose from!!! I subscribe to Knit.1, Creative Knitting and Interweave Knits

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Magic loop... but I am so visual that I would need a video!!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have successfully made a few pairs of socks!! They are so rewarding, but it is so hard to finish that second sock!!! I am a small ladies 8 1/2.

23. When is your birthday?
January 21


No comments: