Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Baaaaaad Blogger!!

I'm sorry for not blogging for a week!!! I'm sooo bad...er...busy.

Friday, I did sneak away from work for a couple hours to go to the DFW FiberFest. It was pretty cool for its scale, but 4 vendors cancelled at the last minute. There were some really knifty stuff out there and I will definately be back next year. I did find some really yummy yarn that I couldn't live without. I will have more of a review on the podcast.
One of the vendors also brought some of her stash to sell (top row). I think I might do that next year!! Maybe even promote the podcast and the Tarrant Knitworking group too!!

Saturday was a lazy day. Shannon came over and we watched last week's 24. We decided that we just need to Tivo the rest of the episodes and watch them all on the same night. That show just leaves you hanging!!!

Sunday, we cleaned Erik's house. Let's just say that it really needed it. Laundry was caught up and the yard mowed.

I have to promote the Cardboard Boat Regatta that is this weekend at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, Texas. Since the DBF is assistant purchaser at Bates Container (a box company), we will be there! Of course, they will be defending their 2005 1st place win (in their class). If any of you local readers have a chance to go, look for me with the Bates people!!! I might even have yarn in my hand!!

KNITTING, KNITTING, KNITTING:
Saturday, I had turned the heel and now I am about half way up the leg on My First Toe Up Sock #2. The 2x2 ribbing seems like it takes me forever. I can't wait to get this one finished, so I can start another pair in more Sassy Stripes.

I have been searching all over (locally) for more of this yarn. Joann's, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's doesn't have it. They carry Moda Dea yarns, but not the Sassy Stripes line. At least, I can't find it. I did come across some new yarn that is very similar in texture and guage (but not color) called Sox by Bernat. I bought some of that last week too, as a present to myself after a 'girly doctor' appointment.

No comments: