Monday, March 20, 2006

Where have I been??


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Erik was supposed to fly (on standby) to Ft Lauderdale to see his father, who was very sick. Since it is Spring Break season, he couldn't get on a flight. The decision was made that I would take off work and we would drive down and meet up with the rest of the family. I got everything packed and settled, then I picked him up from the airport and we drove, and drove, and drove.

We had made it to Mississippi, when we received a phone call from from his sister. Erik's father had passed away. We ended up stopping in Pensacola for the night and driving the rest of the way in the next day.

We finally got there late Tuesday night and spent the week down there waiting for the funeral. His father's wife was not, in the least bit, accomodating toward any of this side of the family, which is a shame. I won't go into any details on that whole situation.

It was a long week, but at least we got to spend a couple hours on the beach. We got back last night. The longest part of the drive was from Shreveport to DFW. Of course, the torrent of rain that was falling didn't help, either.

I did have some goodies waiting for me when I got home, and I will post those tomorrow, as well as some other pictures from the unexpected trip.

No comments: