Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sock Hiatus, no more!


Rocky, originally uploaded by BigPikaChica.

I finally cast on a pair of socks yesterday, on my dating anniversary with my husband. Of course, this is the first year that we have a wedding anniversary, so we won't celebrate our dating anniversary anymore.

So… I started are my Not-Anniversary and they are knit in sock yarn that my sweet husband bought for me at my LYS a week or so ago. I am using my favorite sock pattern, Denise's Toe-Up Socks, but this time I am using US 1 needles for a tighter knit. Depending on how many stitches it takes to get over my toe, I may go through one of my stitch dictionaries and pick out a stitch pattern for the leg... or I could just stick with plain, old ribbing. I'm simple that way.

I've also been playing with my Nikon D40. Above is an amazing picture of Rocky, our Min Pin. All of a sudden, all of the doggies have decided to get along together! This is soooo nice! Of course, Rocky was never really housebroken by his previous owners and his has been a 99% outside dog. That just means that we have to keep the backdoor open so everyone can go in and out on their own.

No comments: