Thursday, August 07, 2008

SP12 Blog Question #8 -and- #9

Question #8:
What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?
Steak. I love steak at the lake. But, not just any steak. My special steak.

You will need the following:
* Yummy steaks, ribeyes are good, t-bones don't fit well in the canisters
* Newman's Own - Family Italian Salad Dressing (not the organic stuff, its really salty)
* Foodsaver with the canisters or marinating containers

Step 1: Place a little dressing in the canister and place a steak on top. Keep alternating the dressing and steak until the canister is almost full. Be sure the dressing covers the top of the steaks.
Step 2: Put the top on the canister and use the Foodsaver to suck all of the air out. This force-marinates the meat.
Step 3: Place the canister in the fridge and leave it for at least an hour. I like to marinate my steaks overnight.
Step 4: Take your steaks out of the container and grill them. Be careful, the dressing is oil-based, so it will catch fire if you aren't watching.
Step 5: Severely over-eat, because these steaks are AWESOME!!!

The FoodSaver forced-marination is the key to get the best flavor. I have prepared these and pan-marinated steaks side-by-side, both for 24 hours, and there is a major flavor difference in the two.



Question #9:
Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?


Nah. I just give it to my friends and family. I always make mistakes and I like it that way.

No comments: