Monday, June 02, 2008

SP12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not a big novelty yarn fan. I don't like crunchy or squeekie acrylic. I really don't have a favorite yarn. I can only wear wool two or three days a year in Texas. I am a sock-yarn-ho!!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep my circs in one of those fishing worm binder bag things, like this but cheaper. I keep my dpns in an amazing Happy Bag dpn bag that I will never replace.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself over 3 years ago. I would say that I am intermediate. Socks are great. I have no fear of sweaters. Scarves are a breeze. Lace still intimidates me.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
PhotobucketMy Amazon.com Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent?
Gardenia and Citris... but not at the same time ;o)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm trying to stay away from sweets right now. I have to fit in a wedding dress soon!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I just taught myself how to spin on a drop spindle. I have made two and I have a third on the way! I really want to learn on a wheel, but I can't afford one yet. Roving would be wonderful, especially if you dye it yourself!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to mainly podcasts. The Otaku, Anime Pulse, Major Nelson, 10th Wonder and Cast On. Although iTunes gift cards are always nice. ;o)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like pink, green, and my wedding blue (cornflower). Orange is my least favorite.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One fiance and three dogs (rat terrier, min pin & lhaso apso)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear hats, scarves and mittens in the winter. I have never worn a poncho.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks. Sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Reusable grocery bags, baby gifts, my honeymoon shawl (that I doubt I will finish in time) and it's time to cast on another pair of socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sometimes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum circs & dpns. I L-O-V-E Addi's!!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have both and a yarn-meter, too!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Erik's Afghan - 1 year 4 months
Kia Kia Sweater - 1 year 1 month

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Postcards. MINI Coopers. Manga. Anime. Converse Chuck Taylors. Pullip Dolls (they are Barbie-size). Squished Pennies. Sock Yarn. <---EACH LINK IS DIFFERENT

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I already get Knit 1, Creative Knitting, Vogue Knitting, Knit Simple & Interweave Knits. I would really like to get my hands on a copy of One Skein Wonders, but I have been too cheap to buy it. I have been drooling over they Noro Kureyon Sock yarn and I can't seem to find any of the Lion Sock-Ease.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I really want to learn to spin on a spinning wheel. I also want to get the hang of lace. I want to learn to really crochet and not just wing it!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I loves me some sock-knittin'!! I am a small US women's 8 1/2.

23. When is your birthday?
January 21. I am getting married on August 22, 2008! YAY!

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
BigPikaChica

No comments: