Monday, February 18, 2008

What i did this weekend...

Hey! Where have you been? Me? I've been right here! Nothing really happened last week, knitting or otherwise! I did work stuff and that was about it. Not really blog worthy.

As for the weekend... I was trying to get sick. I'm at that in-between stage right now, am I going to go down or not. We shall see. Saturday, I didn't get out of my PJs. After working on sleeve #1 on Erik's Not-So-Cursed Sweater, I took a really long nap. BORING!!! hahaha

Yesterday, Robyn and I sent the boys to watch Rambo while we went to see 27 Dresses with my mother. It was really cute!! I have a closet like that, except it is with Halloween costumes and ren fest garb!

Oh! You noticed me new toy! I got a Sony Reader!! It is freakin' awesome!! I've actually scanned in a couple of knitting patterns, which you will see when I am done with Erik's sweater. I said in a previous post that I was wanting to read/reread some of the classics that I may have missed i school.

Well, most (if not all) of those classics are public domain and available for free at Project Gutengerg. I have the first 14 Wizard of Oz books already and I have many other books that I want to read! PLUS, when you register your Reader, Sony gives you 100 classics of your choice for free, that are specifically formated to your Reader. Listen to me! I sound like an advertisement!! SORRY!!!!!

I did finish the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. The first three were great and you could just read those and be fine. In fact, if you shoe to read this series, JUST READ THE FIRST THREE!! The fourth one, So Long and Thanks For All the Fish, was my favorite, eventhough it sort of went with the story, but not really. The last, Mostly Harmless, was not really to my liking. It was a chore to get through. Erik told me just to put it down, but I couldn't leave things unfinished. Maybe I should have.

Just in case I forgot to mention, I finished the first sleeve on Erik's sweater. He just might have a new something for our trip to Colorado!

I'm off!! I have to get a little work done before I get sent home for being almost sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo, nice lil toy! Have you read The Princess Bride? A good lil book.