Monday, January 15, 2007

2 Weeks, 2 Socks, No Smokies

The Thank You For Not Smoking Socks are finished!!! The horrible, icy weather kept me indoors for pretty much the whole weekend, so I had a little time to knit. Yesterday morning, I started with the heel flap and worked the second sock all the way to the toe. I did take a break for a couple of hours to play online for a little while. I have another dollie coming to live with me.

After trying them one, the skid mark that I mentioned before didn’t bother me as much.

When I looked out the window this morning, I had a welcome sight!! It was the sun!!! Yay!!! But Mr. Sun tried to fool me!! It was 23 degrees outside. So I put on my warm clothes and attempted to warm up the BIG TRUCK. The doors were frozen shut. I finally got the passenger side open and I got in and started the truck. I then kicked the other door open with my awesome leg strength!!! he he he

Lets just say that I was 30 minutes late to work because I also had to scrape/melt/cuss at least a quarter of an inch of ice off of my windshield and windows. Bleh!

STASH ENHANCEMENT!!!

As I was writing this, John (my awesome UPS guy) brought me a package..... from Joanns!!! Yay!!! I love yarnie-goodness!!!

What did I get?? 8 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky for Erik's new sweater and 1 skein of Patons Classic Wool in white for Project Spectrum, since I didn't have any white wool!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! Sock! You have to show them on your feet. What's your next projects? And I can't wait to see the girls' new sister!