Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Baby Blues and Greens!!

This weekend was pretty cool. We had everyone out at the lake and ate 75 POUNDS of crawfish!!! I actually tried some and it wasn't too bad!! Too much work for too little food. I'll stick to shrimp. I'm a pro at shelling little shrimpies. :o)

I am also a little bored with my Jaywalkers, so I started an afghan with some of my KnitPicks Wool of the Andes stash. I am using the Campus Bound Afghan pattern from the July 2006 Creative Knitting. It is pretty much just the Fan & Feather stitch pattern.
After I finished the edge and one pattern repeat, I figured that it was going to be a little small for me, so it would be a perfect Baby Brother Blanket. Then, when I got home from the lake, I thought that the wool might be too scratchy and not machine washable. So, I dug into my Simply Soft stash and pulled out a few different shade of green. Perfect!!While watching the last 5 hours of 24 with Erik and Shannon, I started the official Baby Brother Afghan and it is turning out wonderfully!!! I think I am going to run up to Walmart or Hobby Lobby or Joanns and pick out another skein of green or two!

Ewww.. Looking at these pics makes me think that I need to retire this camera. The batteries ARE being held in with a big rubberband.

JUNE 10th: World Wide KIP Day, A-Kon 17, Bombardier Learjet 500, and the Annual Blockparty at Erik's House.
I think I will be knitting at A-Kon and at the blockparty. I have tickets to the race, but I don't think I will make it this year. They were free, so I don't feel too guilty about missing it.

No comments: