Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I love KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, but I have my share of Caron Simply Soft. I like yarn that is smooth to work with, no matter the brand. No more bronze Bernat Disco, please!! Maybe the teal if you don't want yours! LoL

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I really want to learn how to spin. I have had the same drop spindle on my Ebay watch list for months as well as an inexpensive spinning wheel. I can crochet a little, but I really prefer to knit. I also machine knit with the Ultimate Sweater Machine.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use on of those $7 remote control caddies from Walmart!! LoL Most of my needles have their own baggies (except for some of my DPNs.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself about 5 and a half years ago, but put it down after a while. I picked it back up in April when I bought my *first* Bond USM. I mainly hand knit now, with the occasional *gift* sweater or quick scarf on the USM.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
YES, of course!! Amazon (or click the link in the sidebar)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Gardenia or citris scents. Lavender and roses are very lovely also! NO CINNAMON!! It will make me yak! LoL

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I LOVE RAISINETS!! Chocolate keeps me sane!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Depends on what I am in need of! LoL I have my fair share of fabric, glitter, glue, buttons, pipecleaners, beads, etc. Ok, ok... I have my own craft room, enough said.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I really like Texas country (Pat Green, Chris Cagle). There is a little techno mixed in there, as well as Top 40 (those Now CDs).

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am currently in a bright color pallette right now. I do love my pinks and purples! Call me girlie!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have the greatest boyfriend in the world. My knitting habits are in direct relation with his Xbox habits. We tend to live with eachother, but we each have our own houses. I have three dogs and a sugar glider.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats occasionally. We haven't had much of a winter here in Texas this year. I really don't wear mittens or ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
So far, KnitPicks Wool of the Andes for handknitting. Caron Simply Soft for my USM.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Crunchy acrylic and that Lion Brand Homespun!!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Making things for myself! I have everone else something for Christmas, now it is my turn! OH!! And those Vogue Knitting On The Go books. I have an Amazon list just for those!! LoL

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Too many to mention. I like everything. Hats have gotten a little boring.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Tubey from the most recent Knitty.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, but I prefer the big items to be from someone that is family.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars!!!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Call me a needle snob!! I love my Addi's!! I also have a Needlemaster that I will never part with. I also prefer Bamboo DPNs. Plastic just doesn't feel right in my hands.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have both and love them! If you don't have either, then get both for yourself!!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My great-grandmother taught me how to crochet about 15 years ago. I taught myself how to knit from that cheesy Coats & Clark $.99 book you get at Walmart. I have since supplemented my knitting education by watching (and converting to DVD) Knitty Gritty and several other how-to DVD's. PLUS, adding multple books to my collection.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
My Knit.1 Cropped Pants. I started them in November, and they just keep getting put back into the basket when something else I like comes out!! LoL

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Wonder Woman, Sailor Moon, Utena, Animal Crossing, Harry Potter. I have two Rat Terriers and a mutt, of that helps.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween, because I love to make my own costume. Christmas, because I get to make thoughtful gifts for everyone!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Sailor Moon, Wonder Woman, Utena, and YARN!! I really like girly anime (not the naughty stuff). If you could just point me to some fansubs, that would be great! Harry Potter, too!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Simple Knits (formerly FC Easy Knitting)
Knit.1
Creative Knitting

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Please see my wish lists. I really want SnB Nation (if I had to choose one)

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I depends on what pattern I am working from. That is how I choose my next learning experience. I will just have to see what my knitting future has waiting for me! OH WAIT!! Does blocking count?!?! LoL Felting and cables!! (I almost forgot)

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have successfully made three pair(s) of basic socks!! They are so rewarding, but it is so hard to finish that second sock!!! I am a small ladies 8 1/2.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
January 21st!!! Woo hoo!! SP7 season!!!

No comments: