Tuesday, September 13, 2005

For My SECRET PAL!!!! (SP6) EDITED (in blue)

I am still waiting for my 'assignment'. But to appease the masses, the SP6 Hostesses posted this questionaire. Included are my repsonses!! To my Secret Pal, thank you so much in advance!!!

A little more about me.
I am a 25 y/o property manager for my family's business. I have a fantastic b/f that makes me happy. He plays video games, I knit and play video games. I just purchased a house that I am in the process of decorating. I really like sushi and Asian artwork and Japanese pop culture. If there is anything that you would like to know about me, please email me.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am by far not a yarn snob. I have been loving the Red Heart Plush & Magic Stripes recently. I really want to try out KnitPicks.com.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin and the only time that I crochet is when I am working on an edging.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies here.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I taught myself about 5 years ago, but put it down after a while. I picked it back up in April when I bought my *first* Bond USM. I Bond at home and hand knit at work and at my boyfriend’s house.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet, but that sounds like a good idea. I just made one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/33CWDIVMQ073M

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love Gardenia and Lavender. Citris and fruity (except banana) scents are really nice too. Cinnamon is a no-no (too much Hot Damn one night).

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes!!! Milk chocolate & Lucky Charms have been my recent vise.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Since it is near Halloween, costume creating. I have successfully created Wonder Woman, Sailor Moon, and She-Ra costumes.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to country and a little techno and top 40 (KISS FM). I am techno saavy. I have an iPod and my PC plays MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
PINK!!! I love pink. I also really like blue (like this and this). And purple.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No children, just a wonderful boyfriend that plays too much Halo 2. I have 2 Rat Terriers (Cooter & Haus), a lovebird (Zo), and a sugar glider (Oliver).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Ummmm..... To live in a place where happiness is free and the chololate is bountiful!!! (that just came to me) LoL

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Right now, Red Heart Plush.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Dry-feeling acryllic. I really haven't tried anything else but acrylic, but I would like to!!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Sweaters. I really want to try a pair of gauntlets. I have also been scanning my favorite patterns from my magazines and putting them all in one file on my computer so I don’t have search issues.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters. It is so much fun to see them come together.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A Harry Potter Quidditch inspired sweater.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Overdone. My mom has one that looks like an old afghan. Hoodies are better.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Bond USM & Circulars. I already have the Needlemaster and I LOVE IT!!!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
No plastic. I don’t like how it feels in my hands. I usually work with aluminum and I have never even tried bamboo (or any other wood for that matter). My size 8 Addi-Turbo's are my absolute favorite, but I love my aluminum Needlemaster set also. Hint: I am looking for some of those small straight cable needles.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I haven’t gotten that brave yet.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My great-grandmother taught me how to crochet about 15 years ago. I taught myself how to knit from that cheesy Coats & Clark $.99 book you get at Walmart. I have since supplemented my knitting education by watching (and converting to DVD) Knitty Gritty and several other how-to DVD's.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A scarf for my mother. All it needs is fringe!!!!! LoL It has been sitting for 3 months!!!!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Sailor Moon (I have all the eps on DVD), Wonder Woman (I have season 1 & 2 on DVD), She-Ra. I also like Hello Kitty and the other Sanrio characters.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Anything Sailor Moon. Girly anime. I really want one of those Italian charm bracelets. The ones where you can find charms (links) for just about anything.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Easy Knitting and Creative Knitting. I really want the Knit.1 subscription when it is available.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Stitch n’ Bitch Nation. 365 Knitting Stitches (Calendar)

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Not really. My Knitware and magazine collection have been keeping me busy. Oh!! Wait!!! The Rowan one with the Harry Potter sweater!!! I can’t find that one anywhere!!!

No comments: